This particular dessert will fool all your senses into thinking it is a sinful treat, but is really not so sinful at all. It is protein-dense using beans and nuts and natural sugars to contrast the savory flavors. The combination is a hit, but when you add a scoop of coconut “ice cream”, it is above and beyond expectations. Enjoy!
- 1 can chickpeas (rinsed), or ½ cup dry chickpeas, soaked & cooked
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup EnjoyLife minichips (dairy free)
- So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream scoops
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon arrowroot
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350°F / 175°C.
- Spray cooking spray on the pie pans or muffin tray of choice.
- Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until they’re combined.
- Put in the chocolate chips and stir it with a spatula.
- With wet hands, shape and smooth over the dough into mini pie pans or muffin trays of choice. Ideally the torte is the same thickness everywhere.
- Bake for about 10 minutes – they don’t rise but will brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes before carefully removing from pan.
- Allow to fully cool.
- Just before serving, add the frozen coconut ice cream scoops.
These recipes are copyright @2014 NutriLiciousRecovery.