This is the soup I eat when I feel run down and under the weather. If I feel a cold coming on, this is what’s on the menu! It consists of every vegetable I try to keep in the refrigerator, so it is vitamin and mineral-rich. It can be made with ANY vegetables you may have on-hand. Fresh herbs make this soup come alive, and the hearty goodness brings my vitality back.
- 1 carrot, peeled
- ¼ cup cauliflower florets
- ¼ cup cabbage, shredded
- 2 kale leaves
- ½ tomato
- ¼ green bell pepper
- 1 Tablespoon quinoa
- 1 Tablespoon coriander leaves
- 1 Tablespoon mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 green chili, de-seeded
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt, to taste
- Pinch of freshly grated black pepper
- Boil 4 ½ cups of water in a kettle or pot.
- Using a food processor, process all ingredients except quinoa, salt & pepper, and oil.
- In a non-stick wok over high heat, heat oil and wait for it to begin dancing.
- Add the processed vegetables, leaves, and spices and stir as it cooks for 3 minutes.
- Add the hot water, quinoa, salt and pepper. Bring the soup to a boil.
- Serve hot.
These recipes are copyright @2014 NutriLiciousRecovery.